Arrival by Air
The best way to get to Laos is via Bangkok International Airport by Lao Airlines, Thai Airways International, Bangkok Air. There are regular flights from Vientiane to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phnom Penh, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Kunming, and Yangon.
To You can find flight schedules and airfares to Laos from Thailand with
Arrival by Road
Road access is possible from neighboring countries. Between Thailand and Laos the border can be crossed at Houeixay in Bokeo province, at Mittaphab friendship bridge near Vientiane and at Dan Savannakhet in Savannakhet Province.
China can be reached by road at Boten in Luang Namtha province. Border crossings between Laos and Vietnam have been set up at Lak Sao on the road No.8. Borikhamsay province and at Dan Savanh in Savannakhet province on the road No.9.
Arrival by Train
You can get to Laos by train from Bangkok-Nong Khai-Ban Thanaleng line. Tourists can get special ticket between Nong Khai and Ban Thanaleng.
Arrival by Boat
From Kunming or Xishuangbanna, China, it is possible to travel by boat through the Mekong river straight South into Bokeo province.
Here is the list of Entry Points for Laos
- Wattay airport in Vientiane
- Luang Prabang airport
- Thai-Lao friendship border bridge near Vientiane
- Chiang Khong ( Thailand ) -Huayxai border check point in Bokeo province by river ferry
- Nakorn Phanom ( Thailand ) -Thakek border check point in Kammouane province by river ferry
- Mukdahan ( Thailand ) – Savannakhet border check point in Savannakhet province by river ferry
- Chong Mek ( Thailand ) – Vangtau border check point in Champassack province by road
- Lao Bao ( Vietnam ) – Ban Savan border check point in Borikhamsay province by road
- Kao Theo ( Vietnam ) – Ban Theo border check point in Savannakhet province by road
- Bohan ( China’s Yunan ) – Boten border check point in Luang Namtha province by road